In this blog post, I’m going to share my answer to the following question:
“If you were to start from scratch with NO list, NO JV partners in your niche, and all you have is $100 capital, what would you do to start making sales for your niche membership site within just 15 days?”
Before I answer this question, let me state my assumption.
I’m assuming that you already have a niche membership site and you can make some modifications to your website to accommodate the marketing plan that I’m going to tell you.
Ready? Here we go……
If I have a niche membership site, with no list, no JV partner and only a hundred bucks……
1) I’ll go to Clickbank and see what kind of ebooks people are buying in my niche.
2) I’ll think of a topic that complements (not competes with) the popular niche ebooks sold in Clickbank.
What I’m going to do is to turn that topic into a special report that people are willing to buy.
It is important that you don’t write something that compete with the popular ebooks sold in Clickbank. You will see why later.
3) Since I only have $100, I’ll have no enough budget to outsource but to write the report myself. So I’ll spend 2 solid days to write a report on the topic that I’ve researched.
I am planning to sell the report for just $7.
4) On day 3, I’ll spend 1 day writing a powerful sales letter to sell my new report.
In the sales letter, I’ll include my niche membership site as a free bonus, i.e. those who purchase the report will get 1 month free membership to my niche site.
5) Day 4 is a technical day. I’ll have to spend the whole day to integrate the sale of the report and the one month membership trial together. (If you are not a technical person, you can outsource this job to a freelancer at GetAFreelancer.com for $60. This was what I used to pay before I figured out how to do it myself.)
6) Day 5 onwards is all about marketing.
First, I will go to Clickbank and find all the best selling authors in my niche. I will then contact them with my JV offer.
My JV offer is that I will give them 100% commission for the $7 report that they sell. I will also give them 50% commission on all the future sales generated from my membership site if their leads stay on my membership site after the one month trial.
Since my report actually complement the ebooks they are selling, there is a high chance that they will be interested to promote the report to their customers and lists.
Next, I’ll go to the top bloggers in my niche and contact them with the same JV offer.
With 100% upfront commission and 50% recurring commission in the future, I’m pretty sure that a handful of the bloggers in my niche will take up the offer.
7) Finally, my job is to overdeliver to my members so that they will stay on my membership site for as long as they can.
The entire plan actually costs me $0. But if you have $100, you can spend it on outsourcing certain tasks such as system integration.